Monday, November 10, 2014

Passau - Week 2

Hello All! 
How are you all doing? I hope you're well! Let me know people! Keep me in the loop. (: I'm going to keep my email pretty basic this week, but still one of the more spiritual experiences of my life. It's been one of the hardest weeks of my life as well. We've worked really hard and seen no results. That's a hard thing. But, at the same time, I'm happier than I've ever been in my life.

We have an investigator named Martin. I have never met him before, but the Elders before me had one lesson with him. He is the most golden investigator ever (from what I hear). After that lesson, he dropped off the map. We couldn't get a hold of him with our calls or texts, and we didn't have an exact address. So, on Saturday, after 3 weeks of no contact, we decided we were going to find him at all costs. We knew he lived on Danziger Strasse. Now, Danziger Strasse is no walk in the park. It's like 2000 North, but steeper and longer. We hiked up and down this baby for 4 hours on Saturday looking for Martin. The first building we came to, we rang all the bells, and some guy responded and said his name was Martin. We were PUMPED. We ran in and got to the door. Wrong Martin. This guy is absolutely hammered. We look on his apartment floor and he's got like 20 beer bottles, vodka, marijuana, the works. hahaha. We talked to him for a little, and he was swaying pretty bad. He almost fell into my arms like 4 times. We both felt like we should give him a book though, so we did. Then, got out of there. We went to the next apartment building and started ringing bells. We had a former investigator there so we decided to try and visit him. Turns out he's no longer living. At the end of the street, there's houses, and we think it might be one of those, so we go stalking around people's houses. Hahaha. Then, moving on, we walk up to the next apartment building which is by far the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life. We talked to a JW who smokes and drinks. hahaha. Then, we saw a Turkish guy crash his car into a pole and get arrested for a DUI. Then, we go to throw someone's trash out, and like 10 rats come scrambling out from around the dumpster. Absolutely the worst apartment building I've ever seen. So we figure it's getting dark and we need to wrap up because we have a lesson at the church in like 15 minutes. So we finish hiking up the hill and get to the church. We get a call from the sisters. They had walked onto the wrong bus by accident and found Martin. LOL. Haha it was so frustrating, but a miracle nonetheless. The Lord works in mysterious ways I tell ya. (;

Our Stake President, President Auraus, is a really cool guy.  He has two 11 year old twin boys. Soccer is their passion. They have an extremely happy family and everything is going great. One day, the two brothers have a soccer game, and inexplicably out of nowhere, Simone collapses on the field and has a heart attack. He dies 3 days later. Such a sad thing. It was terrible for the family, but they have the strongest testimony that Families are Forever. Think about that. Forever. Reminds me of the kid from Sandlot. They handed about a bunch of pins that said Familien Sind Ewig, meaning Families are Eternal. Everyone in the Munchen stake wears those. But on Sunday we had Gemeinde Conference, Ward conference. President Auraus stood up to speak, looked up at the clock, and just broke into tears. We had just sung Families Can Be Together Forever. He said that exactly a month ago, the exact hour, the exact minute, was the time his son died. He talked about how he takes the sacrament with deeper meaning now because he knows that families are forever. If there is one thing I know above all else, it's that Familien Sind Ewig. I know that this life is not the end. You and I, will all live together, forever. Death has no sting, and the grave no victory. I testify from the depths of my soul that Familien Sind Ewig. 

I love you all, I hope you have a wonderful week.  Until next week, 

Elder Samuel Phillip Hadfield
Eggendobl 4a
D-94034 Passau
Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment