Helllllooooo Family and Friends!
This has been another
very busy week in the life of me! We are all quite busy and there is a lot
going on in this area. This week we had 7 member appointments, seeing as we are
in the biggest ward in Switzerland. There's not too much time for anything other
than teaching and teaching members at appointments with them. We did
fortunately find a lot of new people in between things this week on the buses
and on streets, which was really good because we don't have too much time for
it. Things really are very good though.
On Tuesday,
we got to be at the temple. It was so awesome. The first time in a year for me.
We did a session there and the 6 of us missionaries just got to sit together in
the celestial room at the end, which was just once again another really special
experience for me. For me, there isn't anything much more powerful than
missionaries coming together in the house of God and praying for the people
they are working with.
Let me tell you about
the people we are working with a little bit. We are teaching 5 families right
now, which is every missionaries dream right? I have never taught a family
before now. So it's all an experiment for me at this point.
The family of M is a family from Ethiopia. He was baptized a few months ago and his family just
got here to Switzerland. So they are experiencing some culture shock right now
and trying to integrate. Things are very slow with them to make sure they
understand and everything, but they are coming along very good. They live right
next to us as well, so we have daily contact which is really important. The Mom
is named A, the 16 year old daughter is F, 13 year old son B, and
11 year old H.
The G family is
awesome. The 13 year old son S runs the family because Dad is gone. S is the most mature kid I have ever seen. Since it is the culture there, he is
in charge of the family and the mom just lets him run everything and he does a
pretty good job. We are teaching the mom J, S, and his little sister
R.
We teach the family
A. I haven't met them yet, but I will this week. They're apparently very
interested and ask really good questions. I am excited for that.
We teach as well the
family R. This one is way cool and I'm pretty sure this is why I'm here in
Solothurn. The son A, 13, is on the Swiss National Olympic Golf Team.
Hahaha. He and I get along so well. They are friends with American members here
and ask us some really good questions. No missionary has really connected with
A yet. We went out last week and played billiards with them at a bowling
alley to form a friendship and to start talking a little more. A and I just
clicked so well. He loved hearing stories about the Masters and about meeting
Bubba Watson and seeing all these big golfers. So, we are going golfing with
them this week and I'm going to try and beat one of the Swiss Olympic Golf kids
at a match play! How about that? We've totally got them, and they
would be the best member family ever.
We are going to start
teaching a member referral family named the M's this week. They had been
taught very poorly by missionaries before, but the family is ready to give it
another shot and so we are up!
Isn't that just all
wild? Feels quite crazy. I have stepped into a very very busy area and my head
is still spinning trying to learn everything so quick and it's been really
fun.
We had mission tour this
week with Elder Pilz of the 3rd quorum of the 70. It was really good. I won't
share too much because I would like to use some of it at a later time. I got to
play the piano though and that was a good experience.
Well, man. Life is good.
I'm happy and healthy. Just exhausted! I can also hardly wait to golf this
week, so we will see how it goes and if we can pick up some new
investigators!
| Mission Tour with Elder Pilz |
Alright, I'm out. I love
you all. Have a great week.
Elder Sam Hadfield
Fritz-Kaeserstrasse 16
CH-4562 Biberist
Solothurn
Die Schweiz
No comments:
Post a Comment