Monday, August 1, 2016

Haag - Week 9

 Hey Friends and Family, 

We are down to the 4th Quarter here in Europe! This week was a pretty good week, I've been doing good. A couple highlights from the week:

-Exchange with Elder Shaw! We had a great exchange and found a handful of new people to teach in our area -We made birthday cards for less active members and found out one of them was dead.

-I hit my year mark for the transfer call to Munich  *thankful*

-We were in Linz for a finding day. It was really depressing at first, but it got better and more fun towards the end. We found a couple guys for the new sisters there.

-I gave a good talk in Sacrament Meeting that the members liked. They were way friendly with me afterwards and we felt great about it.

-We had one of the best weeks number wise that we've had in our area in the past 5 years.

-Today, we were in HALLSTATT, which is just about the prettiest place in Austria. I'll send pictures. 

So I don't have too much time today, but just wanted to leave you all with a thought I used yesterday in my talk. I was talking about judging people and about the natural man's pride, and wanted an example of a humble person being the tool in the Lords hands, and I found a good one in a talk from President Uchtdorf. Here it is. 

I once owned a pen that I loved to use during my career as an airline captain. By simply turning the shaft, I could choose one of four colors. The pen did not complain when I wanted to use red ink instead of blue. It did not say to me, “I would rather not write after 10:00 p.m., in heavy fog, or at high altitudes.” The pen did not say, “Use me only for important documents, not for the daily mundane tasks.” With greatest reliability it performed every task I needed, no matter how important or insignificant. It was always ready to serve. 

I read that and though, what a STUPID story from the Second Counselor in the First Presidency.

Couldn't he find a better comparison?? But after reading it a couple times, I realized that's pretty much our relationship to Heavenly Father, naturally we aren't pens, we are actually people, but we are those instruments in his hands for good. It's a cool job we have!! 

Alright here's pictures to make up for the lack of a cool email this week. 
 
Halstatt
Halstatt
Halstatt
Halstatt
Love you all, 
Elder Hadfield

No comments:

Post a Comment