Monday, September 5, 2016

Haag - Week 14










Hey friends and fam, 

This was another good week. We had a few cool experiences, and some success in between. Some of the days are getting long, but that's kind of just how it is. We are nearing up on Oktoberfest, and I can't believe it's been a year since the last one. Some highlights from the week.

On Saturday, we had a finding day. The challenge this week from President was to give one book to a person each day. We hadn't reached it at all during the week and I felt bad about it. So we took it as a goal to hand out books on Saturday. We as a district gave out 9 books in just a couple hours and it was a cool experience to see that when we really want to get something done, Heavenly Father is going to provide a way. Very cool stuff.

We were at district meeting on Tuesday and spent forever waiting for a train to get us home. I was so upset and frustrated. What a waste of a day. We did some good things in Linz while we were waiting, but it just felt like a waste. We got on the train and sat down, and in walks a member from our ward and sits down next to us and we talked for the rest of the train ride, about  an hour. Yesterday, she bore her testimony about how she had been with some work colleagues who weren't the best influence, big drug addicts and alcohol everywhere, and she was sick of it and couldn't wait to get home. She prayed for a change of environment. When she got on the train, it was full and she was upset. Maybe she'd have to sit next to a weirdo, or yet another not very good influence, but then, she saw the Elders. When she bore her testimony, it really drove the point into me that sometimes my definition of successful doesn't always align with Heavenly Father's.

A had a job interview this week and will find out tomorrow if he got the job. Prayers.

I may or may not have gotten my first speeding ticket this week, which is more or less unavoidable here. They don't do police stops, just friendly little cameras on the side of the road. It was a really dumb situation. Construction where the lanes went down to 1 lane, and I had to get in, so I sped up, and BAM. They got me. DUMB. I guess we will see though. Luckily, those little camera tickets aren't expensive.

I guess that was my spiritual side of the week.   I think I prayed to Heavenly Father to hold off some good sports things until I got home. BYU Football won. Red Sox are playing well. Ryder Cup is my first week home. Thanks Big Man, you got me. 

That was the second spiritual side of my week. 

I love you all, have a good week. See you in 3 more. (: 

Elder Sam Hadfield

No comments:

Post a Comment