Wie geht's euch??
Wow. Wow. I really owe all of you a big thank you.
Last Sunday, Elder Barnhart and I sat across the desk from each other wondering what the heck we were going to do this week. We had absolutely nothing planned, because there was nobody to meet with. I mentioned in my email last week that our investigator pool dropped to 0, and I asked for your prayers. Well, your prayers are better than mine apparently. (; This was by FAR the best week of my mission, and maybe one of the best weeks of my life. I need to tell you about it.
So, on Monday we had our P-Day, which was pretty uneventful. We also had a former investigator call us and yell at us for dropping brownies by. (Who doesn't want brownies?!) So, pretty uneventful.
On Tuesday we took an hour and a half train ride to Landshut for District Meeting. It was our final District Meeting with our district before transfer day. It was way fun. The only thing is that on District Meeting days our day gets shot because of the train rides and the 30 minute walk it takes to get to the Church in Landshut. But, when we got back, B called and invited us over.
On Wednesday,we woke up and went over to B's house. He is a Nigerian refugee who has been taught for almost a year... He had been on vacation in Nürnberg for the past 4 weeks, so I had only met him once before. He got back and invited us over. He told us he didn't want to meet anymore because he wasn't happy in his life. We asked how much he reads in the Book of Mormon and he said, "Not at all." We spent the next hour and a half bearing testimony and crying together. He really got it. We left with a return appointment and a nice commitment to read and pray. I started to think this week was not going to be so bad at all. Then, on the bus ride home, a former investigator, C, called and said he wanted to be baptized for New Year's. HAHAHA. Out of nowhere. We were like "Wow, this day couldn't get any better." Then, we walked home and we had received a referral from Salt Lake Headquarters. This was the biggest miracle of the week. We popped it open and it said R. . .. We looked at the map and the guy lives around the corner from the church. We flip the page and there's an email from this guy. He talks about how he saw the Lindsey Stirling interview and wanted to meet the missionaries. We were PUMPED.
Thursday, we go over to R's house. He let's us in happily and is excited to talk. He is 24, a student here, and German. But we sat down and he started talking in American English. We asked why and he said that he thinks Americans are better, and he likes the culture more. BOSS. Then, out of nowhere he whips out a BASEBALL BAT. Tell me how many Europeans you know that love baseball.... He is a huge fan of baseball. They have this small Sandlot here in Passau and he and a couple friends go play there all the time. So sick. I pulled a Book of Mormon out of my bag and as soon as he saw it he was like, "I want to read that book." Hahaha, nothing is holding you back, my friend. We had the first lesson, which can be hard to understand, and he looks at us, and says that it makes total sense to him. We left walking in the clouds. We texted him that night, because he only has a tablet, no phone, and he said he was really sorry to tell us that he only had time to read the first 13 chapters.... HAHAHA oh my gosh.
Friday, we go back to B's. We teach him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and just hammer baptism with him. We set a baptism date with a man who has been taught for a year. January 24thafter he gets back from work in Nürnberg. MIRACLE. (By the way, we text R back and he's finished with 1st Nephi)
Saturday, we went to a baptism for another area in our district and I had to play the organ. I've never played the organ before in my life! It went well though. It was really cool to see, and obviously very spiritual. Awesome!
Sunday came, and we showed up to church, and there is R waiting at the door in a new suit, our other former investigator, and B. It was Fast Sunday, so everybody, all 30 people, in our branch, were bearing testimonies. The time was almost up, and all of a sudden, R gets up and walks up there, and bears the most beautiful testimony in the world. (WHERE DID THIS GUY COME FROM???) We haven't set an exact date for our former investigator C, but next week we will.
So what I owe you, is a huge thank you. I believe your prayers led our footsteps this week. Sometimes, combined faith, is a lot more powerful than just one, and that was definitely seen this week. I am so thankful for all of you. I just want to leave one thought about prayer and really life in general.
It's my favorite quote:
"Out of all the titles deserving of a Deity, a creator of the universe, and ruler of all men, He has asked us to address Him as Father."
His love is truly that of a Father, and I bear that witness.
I love you all!
Elder Samuel Phillip Hadfield
Eggendobl 4a
D-94034 Passau
Germany
No comments:
Post a Comment