Monday, December 29, 2014

Passau - Week 9

Hey everybody!

How was your Christmas? I know mine was nearly perfect. It sure was great.  We have too many toys and too much candy.  We don't know what to do with ourselves!  Elder Barnhart and I are just totally smashed. We are so tired it's ridiculous.   I really enjoyed Skyping time with my family last week. It was way cool to see all of their faces on Christmas morning.

So, I don't have a lot of time this week, but I want to again thank you all for your prayers. They mean so much. I told you all about R - the referral we got from Church Headquarters about a month ago. We came back from District Meeting on Tuesday and we were planning to talk with him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We got there, and after our prayer, we told him what we were going to talk about, and he said, 'Oh, like in 2 Nephi 31, right?' Hahaha, we were so blown away. He asked us if we had seen the email he sent us and we hadn't. In it, he said that he read 2 Nephi 31, and thought it was so cool, that he read it again. He wrote in the email about how excited he was that there is a chance for him to start fresh through baptism. He couldn't make it to church on Sunday because he was with his friends family at a Catholic mass, but he said he felt an emptiness without being in the House of God. We didn't even have to teach anything! He is coming so well, and we set that baptism date for the 21st of February. He really wants to finish the Book of Mormon before his baptism, which shouldn't be a problem because he is into Alma after just 3 weeks of reading. It blows my mind how amazing these people are, and how the Lord has prepared those hearts for us. We just have to be BOLD and willing to share our message! 
 
Thanks again for all your support! I love you all.
Elder Samuel Phillip Hadfield
Eggendobl 4a
D-94034 Passau
Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment