Monday, March 2, 2015

Lahr / Offenburg - Week 7

Hey everybody! 
I hope you've all had a good week and that you're finding chances to share the gospel. (: I hope to share a quick message that will brighten your week. I don't have a lot of time. I was walking down the street the other day and I just realized how engrossed my mind is in the work. I started to realized how much my focus has shifted from what's going on in the world around us, or what's going on at home, to what is happening here and how I'm going to help these people progress. My dreams are in German now, which is convenient. Hahaha. I learn even when I sleep. 
I wanted to share something about the power of the Priesthood. This week, I had the chance to give my first Priesthood Blessing in German. It was nervewracking to say the least. I'd laid my hands on other people's heads before to listen to a blessing in German, but this time I was up. I was shaking a little bit. We had taught the Word of Wisdom and our investigator has a problem with smoking and he looked at me and asked if I would give him a blessing. I was pretty quick to defer the offer to our member who came to the lesson, but he wanted it from me. I laid my hands on his head, then words just started to flow. I opened my eyes and just felt my mouth running in German. It was literally unreal to me. I couldn't believe it! I testify that the power of the Priesthood is real and manifest in the work today. It could not be a 'made up' power. It literally comes from God.
We were in Sacrament meeting yesterday and singing I Believe in Christ, and something really hit me. A couple months ago, I was wondering if He had forgotten me a little. We came upon the part that says, 'and while I strive through grief and pain, His voice is heard, 'Ye shall obtain'.' I felt prompted again to open the Book of Mormon to the verse in 1 Nephi 21:16 that says, 'I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands.' What a comfort to me and to the whole world. He has literally graven us on the palms of His hands. He has a forever reminder of us right on the palms of His hands. He will never forget us. As His personal representative, I testify that we are never alone. He is always at our side waiting to help us. I stand all amazed at the love He offers us. It is truly wonderful, wonderful to me. Have a fabulous week all! I love you so much. Thank you for your prayers. I feel your prescence here in Germany all the time. 
I love you all! 
LG,

Elder Sam Hadfield
Friedrichstrasse 26
77654 Offenburg
Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment