Monday, June 15, 2015

Ludwigsburg - Week 4

R - Ludwigsburg
R got baptized on Saturday. It's been great helping her get ready. Fun fact - I had an exchange in Singen last transfer and I taught her sister right before her sister got baptized, then I came here and learned that they were sisters! (; Hahaha it was funny. It was a wonderful experience. She loved the experience she had. The baptism was everything I've dreamed. She was really really prepared. I kinda just walked into this one, but it was still wonderful to see. Since I got here, we've taught her the commandments and she didn't have any problems and she was really excited that the church had been restored to the earth. It was cool to see her prepare herself for baptism and so forth. We confirmed her on Sunday and it was a good experience as well. She is from Nigeria and has a little girl that is about 2 months old now. She's going to be strong. She doesn't speak any German, so her teaching was all English. She really loves the missionaries and had that great desire. I sat next to her in church and translated for her yesterday and she was very interactive, scriptures popped open whenever there was something to read and everything.

 Today for P Day we went to a castle that was built in the year 1700. It was so cool. We took a tour and they wouldn't let us take pictures inside. It was literally awesome. So much fun. (: We had a great time.



 I was debating about telling you this, but you wanted details. So here are details. (; hahaha

There was a really scary moment we got into today. It was honestly like the two brothers two episode on mormon channel. I was with a greenie at Bahnhof coming to do emails. There was a guy that got out of a train and yelled that he put a bomb in the train, then the train left, he grabbed some guy and threw him onto the tracks and was beating the crap out of him with a glass bottle. It took about 2 seconds before instincts kicked in and the other Elder grabbed the guy and I was dragging this bloody guy off the tracks. The guy got away onto another train going the opposite direction, but the guy that got mugged really found it interesting that 2 men of God were there to help him. We gave him a blessing and he was doing pretty well before the police got there. Definitely certain situations that the Lord puts us in to affect the lives of other people. It was cool. In those split seconds, two thoughts came to my mind:
1) What would Jesus do? We obviously had the option of sitting there and backing off watching this guy get beat, but the Spirit hit me and told me to step in. It's funny how the Spirit works even in drastic situations like that.
2) I could never live my life the same knowing that I sat there and watched something like that happen when I was a representative of Him. Simple fact.

So there's details! (; I've had ones scarier than that, but you will never hear about those!!

No comments:

Post a Comment