So it's been a while now. I'm sorry for that. I'll
try to be better. Fact is, I just don't enjoy emailing ya'll on Mondays.
Haha. But, we had some really cool things happen this week that I would
like to write about. This week was miracle week for sure. I really felt
it and now I'm feeling it more. We've been on our feet and out the door
for 12 hours every day since Thursday. I'm exhausted. I think we've talked to more people since Thursday than I've talked to combined in my entire mission. On Thursday,
I got my new companion. Elder Sorensen from AF. He's a
good kid, I like him a lot. We're doing well. We had to close one of
the apartments down on Thursday,
so we spent the whole day scouring that place and making sure it was
going to be okay uninhabited for a little while here. So we did that,
and then moved his stuff into our place, and got him settled in. That
was a busy day.
Friday,
we went out at 8 in the morning to get Elder Sorensen Ummelded
(unsuccessfully). The first 5 people we talked to on the street became
potentials investigators. It was awesome. So we figured it might be our
lucky day. On the way back from that, we ran into 2 former
investigators, U and P, on the street and were able to set up
appointments with them. We were kinda like wow. This is cool. So we went
back to the apartment for weekly planning and I called about 100 people
out of our area books. We now have 15 teaching appointments or so
scheduled for this week. We were on fire! We went out on Friday
night for a teaching appointment with a less active named Bruder
C. He's Italian and he's a boss. We got there about an hour early
somehow, so we went dooring. We did one street in that hour, and found
10 potential investigators on one street. Fun stuff. We had a great
lesson with Bruder C where he kinda just told us his background. It was
fun. He also gave us free food. Super nice. Then he gave me a wet kiss
on the cheek. Dang it. Haha. That was a good day.
So I thought it couldn't possibly get better. Then on Saturday,
a woman calls us, former investigator, and she asks if we could come
over. So we go over and she's got a friend there who turns out to be a
lost member. She wants to be reactivated and bring her friend to church.
P is the investigator, S is the less active. Super good deal.
We taught them both and they were at church on Sunday.
After that, we tried to go by on a FreiChrist family in Ludwigsburg.
They weren't home, but then Bruder H from the ward called and told
us that he got a call from a less active who had moved back in about a
month ago and the guy needed a priesthood blessing. So we tried our best
to get out there and it looked like it wasn't going to work out to
where we could get home before 9:30, like we're supposed to. My
companion was a little opposed to it, but I've always been taught and
it's fest in my mind, that if someone asks for a Priesthood Blessing,
and if you have an opportunity to exercise the Priesthood, you drop
everything to do it. That ALWAYS comes first. Before anything. So we
talked about it and ended up going. This guy, S, is from Greece.
He was baptized in this ward about 2 years ago, then moved back to
Greece, before moving back here about 2 months ago. He has some liver
and blood problems that have been rough on him and he was having some
specific problems on that day. He asked if we would give him a blessing,
but before we did it, he invited everyone in the house to come in. His
little brother (nonmember), friend (nonmember), girlfriend (nonmember),
and 2 kids (one is a member the other is 7). I was a little nervous,
because I had to anoint and give the blessing in German, because my
companion can't German at all. But I started talking and just like I've
always experienced, words come that you have no idea where they are
coming from. It's such a great experience to exercise the Priesthood.
Afterwards we sat
down and these nonmembers just bombarded us with questions. We ended up
talking and having the greatest conversation I've had since R on my
mission. We talked for about 2 hours and they left, each with a Book of
Mormon, pass along card, and Restoration pamphlet in hand. Such a great
experience. It's fun being a missionary! It was awesome.
Sunday,
we had L at church. She's 11, and it's a part member family. She's
at church every week and loves it, she just needs that extra push right
now to be baptized this month. We're going to get her though. P and
S were there as well, and we sat
down with Bishop and talked about some plans we have and people we're
working with. Really exciting. I enjoyed the week a lot. It's great to
be a missionary, and there's so many miracles to enjoy. I love you all
and hope you have a great week. I'd love to hear from you!
Elder Sam Hadfield
Stuttgarterstraße 125/1
74321 Bietigheim-Bissingen
Deutschland
No comments:
Post a Comment