Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Ludwigsburg - Week 7

Hey all!
So I'm going to do more of a journal type thing on here. Just typing my journal each Monday. That way you get more details, I don't have to make up stuff on the spot every Monday, and my mom stops bugging me for more details. (;  So here it goes.
Stuttgart Zone gets their iPads!
Montag 29 Juni 2015
Today was of course P-Day. I emailed all of you today, so it feels weird to be writing this right now. For P-Day, we didn't do too much. We got studies done, and went shopping, cleaned around the apartment a little bit because we have inspection on Wednesday. Then we went to Ludwigsburg with the S-Bahn, about a 10 minute ride. We looked around the shops there and got ice cream. I updated my emails there and kinda started freaking out because I didn't get an email from someone really important, who I wanted to get an email from. So we went to the Church afterwards for emails. I got what I was waiting on don't worry. After emails, I wasn't feeling too well, probably because I hadn't eaten anything all day. But we had appointments to get to. Both our appointments fell out, so we tried to do a Vorbei, or what would you even call it in English? We tried to go by on a former investigator. Turns out he doesn't live there anymore. So we're on our way back to the bus stop and I contact this Latin American looking lady on the street. Turns out she's a member and has been looking for the missionaries. Woo! Don't you love it when that happens? It was cool. Afterwards, we came home, and had noodles and sausage for dinner.... Don't ask. That was kind of our day today.
Dienstag 30 Juni 2015
Man, today has been great! I had an Austausch with the Zone Leaders. I was with Elder Hunt. He and I got to just contact for about 4 hours and it was so much fun. We taught our new convert R, and got her to help us with her friend T who has had some tragedy in her family lately. I talked to a really nice guy on the bus. He was telling me about the Ludwigsburg castle and what not. I also talked to a cool guy on the train coming home from work. He works for the government in weapon defense and such. Super cool conversation. I love being to just sit across from people 1 on 1 and have a heart to heart conversation. We found about 4 potentials today I believe. It's sad to say, but it's nice once in a while to get away from the greenie, and work for a day with a missionary who really knows what he's doing. It's been really enjoyable. Elder Hunt talked about high school sports tonight, he played golf and lacrosse at Alta. He's a good guy! I've actually set up a 4 some for when we come home. Elder Hunt, Elder Killpack, Elder Albrecht and I are going to go hit the course. Haha super cool plan right? Great day!
Mittwoch 1 Juli 2015
Today was pretty cool. Can't believe it's July. For all you people emailing me about how hot it is in Utah, I'll give you President Uchtdorf's advice: Stop It. Today was 40 degrees Celsius (105 Fahrenheit) with 100% humidity. You would not believe how hot it was. We started out our day with an apartment inspection. It went really well. We keep the apartment pretty clean. Afterwards, Elder Hunt and I went out finding. We taught a guy on the street named Ali about prophets and God's relationship with them. We found a couple more people, then we ran into M. He's AWESOME. He was a JW for 17 years, but took a deep look within and realized there was problems. He knows that there is some translating issues with the Bible. He hadn't heard of the Book of Mormon, so we gave him one, talked about the Restoration on the street with him for an hour, then got his number. He agreed with everything we said, and I'm excited to see where that goes. Afterwards, we had 3 lessons scheduled. We switched companionships back and went to go teach T. On the way, I talked to a guy on the bus from Syria. He is Evangelisch and is pretty much a German. He was very friendly. He gave me his number and accepted an invite to church. So with T, she is doing really well, still working through some deaths in the family. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted. She wants to be baptized on her Birthday, September 9. That will be awesome. On the way back, I talked with a girl on the bus that looks just like a really good friend from back home. I've been really working on my public transportation contacting lately. I never was in an area with a lot of public transportation, then I got here, and there's S-Bahns, Buses, and Trains that we're on all the time. It's important to work on it, because public transportation contacting is HUGE. I've gotten to the point where I try to sit down, and start talking right there. No thinking about what I want to say, just starting to talk. It's working, but I still might not be there with teenage girls yet.... Hahaha, but it was a good conversation though, she wants to know more as well, so we'll see where that leads. Our other 2 appointments fell out today, but we've rescheduled and it gave us a chance to do some things we needed to get done. Overall, fabulous day!
Donnerstag 2 Juli 2015
Well it's early in the morning right now. I just need to throw a note in here. I finished the Book of Mormon again in my personal study today. I sure do love the Book of Mormon. I had kind of a cool experience this time around. I listen to music super softly during my study, because it helps me focus. So I was reading Moroni's promise, and I turned the page to the last page of the Book of Mormon, and I just felt something overwhelmingly powerful. I felt the Spirit so strong, and then Praise to the Man came on. Just as I was reading one of my favorite verses, verse 32, which tells us to "Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him," and just as I read the last verse, I heard the words,
Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven
Earth must atone for the blood of that man,
Wake up the world for the conflict of justice,
Millions shall know Brother Joseph again.
It's such a privilege to be a part of that work, waking up the world to bring them to know Brother Joseph again. The Book of Mormon is TRUE. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, it is true. The power of those pages has blessed my life so much. So many men sacrificed their lives for us to have it today. The words of Moroni always impress me. "Because of their hatred they put to death every Nephite that will not deny the Christ. And I Moroni, will not deny the Christ." So many prophets in the Book of Mormon could have taken back their words and saved their lives. Abinadi, Moroni, Mormon, and ultimately Joseph Smith. I add my words to theirs. 'I Elder Hadfield, will NOT deny the Christ.' I know He lives, and that the words of the Book of Mormon are a further testimony of Him. I love the Book of Mormon!
So the rest of the day wasn't too great. I got a nasty email from a kid back home telling me some things I really didn't want to know or hear. That soured the day a little. It made it rough to work today. Which is probably why both our appointments fell out. My head just wasn't in it for part of the day. I'm really bad at that. If something throws me out of it, I'm really out of it. I'm not a very good missionary in that sense. That's something I'll work on though! Not a bad day though, still found some new people and had fun.
Freitag 3 Juli 2015
Today was very warm. Another 100 degree day with so much humidity you wouldn't believe. We did studies and Weekly Planning and the Ehepaar came over and brought us a white board and root beer from the American Military Base in Stuttgart. A nice little 4th of July present. We had an appointment fall out today. We went out finding and had some good conversations, but nothing to show for it. We came back tonight and made burgers and fries. It was good.
Samstag 4 Juli 2015
Freedom baby. God bless America. So today was a good day. We were in Stuttgart this morning for a DL meeting with the Zone Leaders. It went well. We set a goal together. The goal comes from Moroni 8:16. Perfect Love Casteth Out All Fear. It's going to be a really good theme this good transfer. Working on stepping it up to find that love for the people here. It will be awesome, I look  forward to it a lot. The rest of the day, we were in Marbach dooring and doing vorbei's. We were out for about 7 hours doing that. The heat was really getting to us. It was another 100 degree day. Kinda warm! Tomorrow they've canceled the last 2 hours of church all over Germany because it's hot and there's no such thing as AC here. We find it pretty funny. A good day it was!
Sonntag 5 Juli 2015
Like I said, today was fast Sunday. Church was only one hour long. We had to wear suits. We were dying. Testimony meeting lasted about 90 minutes and everyone was so ready to get out of there. We took a bus with R afterwards back to Freiberg Bahnhof, then an S Bahn to Ludwigsburg, and again an S Bahn back to Bietigheim. Not the best round of public transportation. It takes about an hour to get home from church. When we got home at 12 it was already 100 degrees outside. So we went out to go by on a former investigator named D. We were walking down the road towards his house and this guy with chains and piercings and you name it was walking towards us. For some reason, I really felt the need to talk to this guy. So we approached him. He told us about his love for Jesus and he felt a desire to learn more. So we got the number and asked for his name and he says D. I'm a little bit surprised at this point. So we save the number and go by on where D is supposed to live and he's moved. We came home and I compared the numbers and we found that the numbers were the same. So we found the guy we were looking for because we were willing to talk to the one person on the street out in 100 degree weather. Super cool. So overall, it was a rough week. It's been hot and so many appointments have fallen out, but that's ok. I've learned a lot this week! 
Alright hope it's been good, I love you all. :) have a good week.

Elder Sam Hadfield
Stuttgarterstraße 125/1
74321 Bietigheim-Bissingen
Deutschland

No comments:

Post a Comment