Monday, September 7, 2015

Munich - Week 5

 
MLC was this past weekend. On Thursday night and Friday morning. It's all the Zone Leaders and the AP's, with the Sister Trainer Leaders as well. We learned a lot and I'll sort some thoughts out and share next week. So there are ZL's in Stuttgart, Salzburg, Wien 2, Munich, Schwamendingen, Bern, and Bonstetten. Those last 3 are Swiss Zones. Our AP's right now are Elder Ridd (nephew of Randall L. Ridd) he is so cool and I enjoy his company a lot. The other is Elder Rozan (from Spain) he can speak like 6 different languages. He was companions with Elder Bartholomew back in the day.

The Kohler's are in the Munich 2 ward. But,We see the Kohler's very often. I enjoy Sister Kohler a lot. She's an awesome mom. Poor woman has been so lonely lately after sending a daughter off to college and a son off on a mission, she doesn't know what to do with herself, so she'll just come down to the office and hang around. She was at our district meeting last week, while President was in Wien doing interviews. She loves the scriptures more than anyone I have ever met. I really enjoy that about her. She's awesome.
Very busy. Refugee filled to put it in a word. If there is one thing we ARE aware of, it's the refugees. We're on the front lines of this, and it's kinda fun. I'm enjoying it. They are all coming in at Munich Hauptbahnhof, which is smack in the heart of our area. We're always around there. We see it every day. Thousands and thousands of them coming in. The police forces are insane, the media is wild, and the hype is just off the walls. We saw an S-Bahn packed full of about 500 of them on Saturday night, and last night, we got called down by the city to go help sort clothes and help them work through the German paperwork. Today, there are supposed to be 10,000 that come to Munich. We are definitely gearing up for that. We did get an email from the Area Presidency. Obviously we are not permitted to proselyte in such situations, but the service is welcome. Our coming weeks with be smashed full of that. It's shocking. They are estimating around 1,000,000 immigrants into Germany by the end of the year. It's eye opening when you think that there are only 8 million total in Germany right now. President says he sees this as the literal gathering of Israel. Interesting to think about. I don't quite know what's going on in those countries, but obviously it's something. Quite the situation we find ourselves in. 

Interesting situation, Elder Faux's companion is headed home for surgery this week, so he'll be in our apartment and working with us for a week until transfers next week. I'm sure I'll hear stories about Passau and so forth. It should be good. We had our MLC last weekend and it was pretty great, but we have a Zone Training tomorrow and we feel pretty stumped on what we would like to do there. 

We had a very great week. We're teaching around 5 new people we've found ourselves and they are all really cool. We taught 15 lessons this week and have sure had an enjoyable time. We are busy, busy, busy and I love it!
Elder Rozen, Elder Croft, Elder Hadfield, Elder Ridd

Elder Hadfield, Elder Ridd, Elder Croft, Elder Rozen, Sisters Abram and Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment