Monday, September 28, 2015

Munich - Week 8













We are headed down to Tegelberg right now, a mountain that overlooks a famous castle, and I'm just writing emails in the car. 

I'm doing good, this week was a little bit of a drag, but it should pick up this week. I got my voice back and I'm starting to get over my sickness a little bit. I'll answer Dad's questions here.

The car ride was beautiful. I've had a couple experiences in the Alps and it is just holy. It feels sacred up there on the mountains, I'm serious. 
That Wien schnitzel place is definitely still in business. The missionaries love it. They call it Herb's. That's not the name of the place, but we call it that. Schnitzel and SpƤtzle is probably my favorite meal thus far. 
I have had a lot of Spargel (white asparagus). It's more of a spring thing. They love it though. It tastes fantastic with like a ham or schnitzel dinner.
Tomorrow is zone conference with a big emphasis on member missionary work. We had a meeting this weekend where Elder Croft and I were asked to lead an hour discussion with the stake presidency, the bishops, the high council, and the Ward mission leaders. We did a really good job, and I hope it pushes towards some changes. 

They will start putting up Christmas pretty soon here. They have no Thanksgiving to look forward to haha. I do hear from Sister Smiley pretty often. I think she's doing well. You need to invite her over. With Jake. 
We were both really happy to hear about Br. Lenhart. You'll have to talk to him about BYU, you were there around the same time. 

This week will be much better. G has returned and things are looking up.
S has no date yet, but said he would pray about one this week. We will catch him. 

I hope my pictures make up for the short email. This PDay was AMAZING. My favorite by far. We had so much fun. Here are some. I have a lot more, but I'll try to send as many good ones as I can. (:
Love you!
Elder Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment