Monday, October 5, 2015

Munich - Week 9

A few pictures from the mission blog from September happenings:

September Mission Leadership Conference

Discussing needs of the Munich Zone
Mission Conference Lunch!
AP's - Elder Rozan, President Kohler, Elder Ridd





Michael & Suzanne Lenhart, Phil Hadfield, Paul Lenhart, Emily Hadfield, Jake Hadfield, Sherri Hadfield, Joey Hadfield Lenhart's came to Utah from Munich to visit famiily and we enjoyed dinner with them October 4, 2015

About General Conference -- a couple of the main themes that I took out are that its far past time to stop doubting, start simplifying, and continue believing. That was a strong message for me, as it answered one of the questions I had, even though the question wasn't doctrine related. The other just kept weighing on me how much the church is needing the youth and young adults to step up. That's being said over and over, but it's just not getting in the hearts yet. But it's there for mine.

I enjoyed seeing all those people I knew in the choir, kind of weird though. There was quite a few kids in there that I know. It was weird to see Dad, Jake and Joey not over Skype. 

I couldn't pick a favorite talk. I loved Elder Andersen's talk. Loved it. Loved Elder Hales, Elder Holland, and President Nelson's. Loved both of President Uchtdorf's. Loved President Eyrings Sunday morning. So many good messages. A friend and I were talking a lot about Elder Hales' and Elder Holland's talks and it was really meaningful to both of us.
 
I loved something that a friend said to me: 'I can honestly say that I've never felt the Savior's love for me more than I have this weekend, and it's been incredible.' I agree completely. That's exactly how I felt. I feel empowered by the teachings each time and just feel the power of the Savior's love for me. It was so cool. That was something I needed this week.

So, G got a job in Poland. :( so he is there for a few months. But S is on for baptism the 21st of November. We will go get him. He's progressing pretty well and asked this week if he could pay is Kirchensteuer. Tithing. Other challenges to work through, but we are excited for him. He's awesome. We are meeting with him again in about an hour. He starts school this week so we will have a little more time to meet with him than we have had. He's doing really well and progressing. We are excited.
 
So this week I was back in Passau! I had an Austausch there with Elder Faux. It was great fun. I'll send pictures.
Elder Hadfield, Elder Faux, Bruder Guth - Passau, Germany
Passau, Germany
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment