Monday, October 12, 2015

Munich - Week 10

Hi All!
What a week! We've been doing well. I apologize that it's been a while since I wrote. We are so busy.
Just real quick, I wanted to share my favorite part of conference with you all. It's this picture I attached.
For those of you who don't know the story of these 2 boys, the older one is 11, and his little brother is 9. He has Cerebral Palsy, but had such a desire to sing in the choir that he asked his older brother to hold his hand while they were singing, so that he wouldn't shake. 
For me, this was a big message of conference. An unspoken picture. Here were these messages being spoken about the love of Jesus Christ, and here are two brothers putting it into action. 
My brothers and dad had the chance to sing in the Priesthood choir at conference. To see my dad up there felt normal, he's a singer. But seeing my brothers was different. There was a clip in there where they were singing We'll Bring the World His Truth and it flashed across Joey and my Dad, and then Jake. Out of nowhere, I found myself choking back tears and wheezing because I choked on the tears. It was quite a funny scene. But it really hit me. It was so cool to see them singing that song. The only thing I want for both my brothers is to experience what is happening to me right now. I could never wish for anything better for them. Seeing them sing that really put that into perspective for me and I was reminded of it when I saw this picture again. I love my bros. (you too, Emily). If there is one thing I want you 3 to know, it's that I love Jesus Christ and would do anything to follow Him. I hope you recognize how much I love being a missionary, even if I never email you guys. I'll do better. There's nothing greater you guys could do than come on a mission. I want it for you so bad. It's the greatest experience ever. I hope seeing a big brother out there is good preparation for you all. Get yourselves ready. The time is coming. (: I love you 3. 
Elder Croft is such a good guy. I've learned a lot from him. He's a really refined missionary and knows what he's doing. He's a big basketballer and a Ute. I feel like we just match personality wise and we can joke with each other and poke fun at each other and it makes it tons of fun. I couldn't put my finger exactly on it, but things really do click between us. I've learned how to teach powerfully from him for sure. He's probably the best teacher our mission has to offer and I've been working so hard at it. I ought to send you our study plan as a mission right now. That's been helping me as well. I'll do that. 
I have contact with all my old companions. We're all good friends. I'm emailing some of them right now as we speak. The new AP is Elder Albrecht. He is a good guy. Packers fan.
MLC was superb. We talked about what we need to do to help the mission improve. I'll send you the charts as well to go with that. The mission has been stagnant and we talked about not being satisfied with complacency. Granted, we are about to match the baptisms from 2 years ago, and we have 80 less missionaries than that year. We're doing good, but there's a lot of room to improve.
Hope all is well with all of you. Pray for S to schaff his baptism on the 21st of November!
We are looking at a forecast with snow later this week. It's comingggggg. It's chilly outside right now. (: 
Love you,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment