November 29, 2015
Hey Everybody!
I hope you're all doing well. Things are great here. It's getting cold and snowy.
The Christmas season is in full swing here in Munich. They've got the Christmas market set up and expect 3 million visitors before Christmas. We have a finding day there in a couple weeks, so that should be extremely cool. I love this time of the year. Thanksgiving was more or less uneventful. By that, I mean that we didn't have it. But that's quite alright. We're doing far more important things than stuffing our faces with food.On Thanksgiving, we had one of those days where nothing was going on, so we planned to go dooring for 5 hours. We woke up that morning and it was snowing, below freezing, and wet as could be. Without a second thought, we went out and did it. It's one of those experiences that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy, but at the same time, you wouldn't take it back for anything. We didn't have success, but we had so much fun just talking about crap and freezing our butts off. I loved it even though my toes were frozen, I was wet, it was windy, we were getting doors slammed in our faces. Oh, it was so much fun. It was one of those days where we walked around talking about how hot our wives are going to be for the work we're doing at that moment. It was awesome.
Naja, let's look at investigators.
1. S: We got a text from him yesterday that said something along the lines of, 'I don't know what you guys think of me now, but no God would expect money out of people.' So he is obviously lacking understanding of the whole tithing thing. The sad thing is we were halfway through teaching it and he got up and left because he had to go to work. It was so unexpected. Since then, he's been ignoring our phone calls and everything. I don't know if it will work out for him. Pray for a change of heart please. I love this guy.
2. S: She's going to make the 13th with ease. She was at church yesterday without us calling to invite her to come. She's a social butterfly at church and we get a kick out of watching it. We taught her tithing this week and the Bishop came with so it was a great experience. She had already found out a lot about it and committed herself to it, so it was pretty easy on us. Her baptism interview is this week and then next week, she'll get baptized.
3. M: Also doing
really well. We actually just got done teaching him. He's awesome. Turns out
there is some issues with one of the commandments that we weren't really
expecting, but he's going to work on it. We'll see how it works out. We predict
him having some issues with tithing as well, so we'll do our best, and see what
happens. I hope he makes the 19th though.
We set another date with
a guy named F this week. He's Nigerian, so we're going to give him to the
office elders from the international ward, but he's been really cool to teach.
Naja, that was our week.
Things are really good.
I'm doing fine. No worries. (:
Have a good week, I'd love to hear from ya'll!
Happy December!
Elder Sam Hadfield
Lommelstraße 7
81479 München
Deutschland
No comments:
Post a Comment