Monday, July 18, 2016

Haag - Week 7


 Salzburg P-day Pictures!















Servus from Austria! 

This week has been pretty good. Elder Walter and I are getting loads of work done and we got 3 solid new investigators this week, and things are going good.

It has only rained this week, I don't know why. It's been a completely different story from last summer. Last summer was around 100 degrees every single day, with 100% humidity, and no air conditioning. You would lay in bed at night with as many fans as you could get on yourself, and sweat yourself to sleep. Hahahaha. It was often hotter in the apartment than it was outside. This summer has been totally different. A few hot days here and there, but lots of rain, and it's been pretty cool for the most part. I was really hoping it wouldn't be like last summer, and thus far my wish has been granted.

Our contact with A had sadly broken off somehow. I don't know what's up. Things go way good and all of a sudden, he's gone, and nowhere to be found. We'll need to find out what's up with that this week.

We got the Area Book Planner App in our mission to test it out. I think we are the only mission in Germany, and one of the only missions in Europe using it right now. Which is probably good for the rest of the missions, because it's total garbage thus far haha. The app doesn't function too well, and it's taken hours and hours of time away to work on it and try to install information about people. Hopefully the church takes a look a that, and throws some changes in there.

We also had interviews with President Kohler in Salzburg on Wednesday. It was my last interview with him before I go home. It was actually really fun. We talked a lot about good memories from the mission, and about other stuff. He told me what he tells every dying missionary. To start writing a list of the things I've learned on my mission. Good deal. Our interview lasted about 30 minutes. Long interview. 

I figured a switch up might be nice for today. Instead of spiritual, I'm going for a funny experience from my mission. You'll all get an absolute kick out of this one. Try and just picture this situation as it takes place. Here it goes.

Alright, so I arrived in Munich, my new area on August 6 last year. The old zone leader gave me my phone, and Elder Croft and I got started working. It was pretty tight that day between Elder Croft and I. Of course it was. On your first day together with anybody, it's always a little weird, just because you don't totally know each other yet. We got done working that night, and we had had a few appointments, and talked to a bunch of people, and had a lot of new potential investigators. It was about 9:00 and we still needed to get home. So we jumped on the U-Bahn, and were riding home, and of course, on my first day, I don't know exactly where I need to get off. Elder Croft was standing somewhere talking to somebody, and I was talking to a 25 year old girl as well. Trying to get all the work in that we could. At every stop I would look back to make sure he was still there. At the University, a bunch of drunk teenagers got in the Bahn with
July 18, 2016 – Group e-mail (pg 2)

their cases of beer and what not. They were loud, but I didn't think too much of it. It just made the U-Bahn even more packed than it already was. About 5 stops later, the Bahn stopped where we were supposed to get off. I was so focused on the conversation I was having that I didn't notice we stopped and Elder Croft got off. He saw that I didn't get out, and came to tell me to get out. He held the doors open, which is dangerous in and of itself. As I pushed through the crowd to try to get out, one of these drunk teenagers mistook Elder Croft as the train controller asking people for their tickets. He got mad that he was holding up the train. So this drunk kid grabs both doors, jumps in the air, and karate kicks Elder Croft square in the chest. Huge boot print on his white shirt and all. I scooted past the last person, and Elder Croft had his fists out ready to go. But right as I got out, the train doors shut, and the Bahn kept going. How's that for a first day with your new companion? I was so embarrassed that I had caused the whole thing, and Elder Croft was rightly ticked off, but as I look back on it, I'm so happy that all happened, because it was a laughing point we could look back on, and a first day I would never forget. From that point on, we always got along.   How's that for awesome? 
Alright, have a good week, enjoy it. 

Elder Hadfield

No comments:

Post a Comment