I handed out my first Book of Mormon today!
We went to ASDA and I was just prompted to take one. (I carry one
everywhere). But, this sweet old lady came up and asked if we would walk
her to the other side of the street and we just talked to her for a
little while about the Mormons and what they believe. So we gave her the
Book of Mormon after she asked for it. (: That adrenaline rush is worth
more than any sports game could ever give you.
This week, they told us we will be getting iPads in the spring!!! YAYYYYYY!!! I'm pumped.
The Greek missionaries left yesterday
morning and I made some really good friends there. Which is good,
because they had so many things to fit into their suitcases, they had to
leave things behind, so they gave them to me. hahah I'm a rich man now.
I got a lot of European style ties, so I look pretty fly. I feel like I
fit in really well.
Right now, we're teaching a guy who is
named Peter. He has a wife who has been in the hospital for the past few
days waiting for an operation to help her walk again because she hasn't
been able to walk her whole life. He's really reliant on her, and we
all feel like the twist is going to be that she dies in the operation
and we have to teach him the Plan of Salvation. Who knows I guess?
I've
been working on writing less things down for lessons, and walking in,
closing my notebooks, and just teaching from my head and by the Spirit.
Who needs lesson plans in a language you don't know?? It's funny though, our teaching is by far more powerful than I ever dreamed it would be and
it's only been 3 weeks!
We watched a Provo MTC Devotional
from Elder Holland this week. Boy, that man can blow you away. His talk
was all about Preach My Gospel. He talked about how we have to be
infinitely better missionaries than he was. He taught from the memorized
discussions and he said, "You can't do that anymore. You have to find
common ground, then you can say to an investigator, 'Come with me to the
Sacred Grove, Come with me to the Garden of Gethsemane, and Come with
me to the Cross at Calvary.'" It was really powerful. He also talked
about Do you Love Me? Which is the story after Christ dies and they just
go back to fishing and he calls them ashore and asks Peter if he loves
him 3 times. Then he related it to how we have to be converted because
too many missionaries are looking into investigators eyes, bearing
sincere testimony, then going home and throwing all that away and going
against what they bore testimony of. It was AMAZING. He was so up in
your face, you wanted to crawl into a corner.
In
language study lately, we've been learning about the cases, which is a
deal for Pronouns and Adjectives, Prepositions and Adverbs. It's a
little rough because in English there are 0, German there are 4. But, it
could be worse. In Greek and Finnish there are 12.
I was watching a Mormon Message, the latest one, and it really put a lot of things into perspective for me. That's the one thing we're allowed to do is watch those. So we watch a ton of them. This one was titled You Never Know from President Hinckley and it was so so so good. Watch it right away even though it's long. There's also another one entitled 'The Savior wants to Forgive'. That one was so good. It's about a guy who found the Savior when he was at his lowest point.
I was watching a Mormon Message, the latest one, and it really put a lot of things into perspective for me. That's the one thing we're allowed to do is watch those. So we watch a ton of them. This one was titled You Never Know from President Hinckley and it was so so so good. Watch it right away even though it's long. There's also another one entitled 'The Savior wants to Forgive'. That one was so good. It's about a guy who found the Savior when he was at his lowest point.
President
Edwards is the MTC President. He's from Utah and was a member of the
Seventy a few years back. He knows Elder Robyns really well so we talk
about him sometimes. President Durkin is the first counselor, he's from
England and he's a really great, happy man. President Hansen is the
second counselor and he's a big law guy from Utah. His mission call is
to oversee all legal things in Europe for the church. Quite interesting.
Earlier
this week, my companion and I were called to be zone leaders. There's only one companionship in the entire MTC that are the zone
leaders. But, it's a little different to have so many responsiblities.
I'm grateful for it though. I'm praying for you all everyday. I love you
tons. The gift of tongues is coming. The first week here, we had to give one of the sisters from Sweden a
blessing because she was so sick. Elder Edvinsson was able to do it all
in Swedish. Then, earlier this week, another Elder needed a blessing of
comfort, so Elder Seidl gave it to him and we all felt like the blessing
was personally for us. I went to bed reading my patriarchal blessing
and feeling so blessed. I cry like everyday because I'm so happy. This
is amazing. I love this place! Take care. (:
Elder Hadfield
Until October 26, 2014:
Until October 26, 2014:
Elder Samuel Phillip Hadfield
Alpine German-Speaking Mission
England Missionary Training Centre
Temple Way
Chorley
Lancashire
ENGLAND PR6 7EQ
No comments:
Post a Comment