Guten Tag alle meine Freund!
How are you
all doing?? I'm glad to hear from you all. Sounds like you've loved
conference, just as I have. I haven't been able to see the Sunday
Afternoon Session yet, so tonight
I will. I'm loving the MTC, and this week has been by far the most
edifying, uplifting week of my life. I've been in the temple 3 times
this week, and felt the Spirit so so strong there. I'm grateful for such
great people in my life that I've been so blessed with. I love you all.
I'm going to share one of my several insights from conference that I
feel inspired to share.
In Priesthood Session, they had the
Provo MTC choir, and watching it, I pointed out 11 people I knew, and 3
from my stake! One of the most powerful moments of the whole conference
was when they sang the Missionary Medley. I sat
there listening to them sing, "I hope they call me on a mission, when I
have grown a foot or two. I hope by then I will be ready to teach, and
preach, and work as missionaries do. We have been born as Nephi of
old.... To bring the world his truth." I flashed back to being a 4 and 5
year old primary boy singing those songs at the top of my lungs,
looking forward to being a missionary, and now here I am. Wow. I can
remember the primary chorister cringing as I walked into the room,
because she knew her ears would be gone by the end of the day. (;
The
other powerful powerful insight that I had connected two moments
together. None of you heard this because it was the prelude to one of
the sessions, but they started playing the song, "I Know that My Savior
Loves Me," which is a primary song, Followed by, "I Know That My
Redeemer Lives." That was touching and then President Monson gave his
talk and I had the question on my mind of, 'How can I help my friends
back at home?' This upcoming holiday season is such a happy, glorious
time, but for some they can feel alone, and in despair. President Monson
says, "Physically, walking where He walked isn't as important as
walking as He walked. Christ walked the paths many of us walk in our
day. He walked the path of disappointment, He walked the path of pain,
He walked the path of bitter sorrow, He walked the path of temptation,
He walked the path of prayer. Each of us will walk the same paths that
He did. We can all walk the path he walked, when we choose to follow Him
through mortality." Many people of the world have a hard time believing
that they are loved by a Heavenly Being, much less one that would die
for their sins. As I walked throughout high school, I could find people
who radiated the light of Christ, some who were shaky, and others who
just didn't have it. We were all colleagues, and we were all going
through trials. The thing that got me and many others through those
trials was my Savior and His Atonement. Others in the world need to see
Christ's light. I want you all to know Christ deeply loves you and cares
for you, and He can help you through the trials of life. The line from
the earlier mentioned primary song, "I Know that My Savior Loves Me,"
goes, 'The love that He felt for those little ones, I know he feels for
me, I did not touch Him, or sit on His knee, but Jesus is real to me."
I testify from the depths of my soul that Jesus Christ lives and loves
each and every one of us. From the lines of "I Know that My Redeemer
Lives," it says, 'He lives, to silence all my fears, He lives to wipe
away my tears. Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives, 'I know that my
Redeemer Lives.' Christ loves each and every one of you, I pray for you
all individually every day. I know He can help you through the hard
times in your life if you simply trust Him, and let Him carry you. The
Church's Easter Video 'Because of Him', tells us that 'Because of Him,
you, you, he, she, they, and we will all live again. Because of Him
death has no sting, and we can start over again, again, and again.' My
invitation to all of you is to find Christ in your life this holiday
season. I promise with all my heart He is aware of you and cares deeply
for you. I love you all and miss you a lot. Hope things are well. (:
Elder Hadfield
Until October 26, 2014:
Elder Samuel Phillip Hadfield
Alpine German-Speaking Mission
England Missionary Training Centre
Temple Way
Chorley
Lancashire
ENGLAND PR6 7EQ
No comments:
Post a Comment