Hey Fam and Friends!
| Mission Leadership Conference- January |
| Baptism Day! |
So here's a quick update
on things that are going on. This also means I'm online for a while and you're
allowed to email me all you want. We've been crazy busy lately. This past week
was the only full week that we'll have in our area this transfer. This week
will be crazy. We only have 2 full days in our area. Kinda crazy.
Let me give you
a rundown of how the week went. On Tuesday and Wednesday I
had an exchange with Elder Griffey. It was a lot of fun we taught a lot
of people including D, M who is a referral, and M.
We talked to D about the restoration, and we taught Mfor
the first time in a long time. It all really well it was a lot of fun.
On Wednesday, we taught J, a new convert, and
S, a new investigator. It was pretty successful, he's just
interested in learning more about the church, not really for conversion at
this point. But that doesn't mean we can't still try with him.
On Thursday, we had to have an exchange with the office
others to be able to be at all of our appointments. We had two member
eating appointments that day. We also taught two more lessons that day.
On Friday, we ate lunch at a less active's house. We also
met with a member that night.
On Saturday,
we had a new family moving from North Germany so we help them with their move-in. On Sunday,
obviously we had church, and two surprise evening appointments. We met
with S who fed us cake and talked with her about her new calling. We
also went to the YSA family home evening, which was great to be there.
It's been a pretty good week. Yesterday,
we met with S again, and also with A. Yep that's right we
finally met with A. It was really good to see him finally, and he's
been having some pretty good experiences with the book of Mormon and
praying about it. I'm excited to see how he further progresses.
In other news we were
able to see the missionary broadcast yesterday, and
I really enjoyed the talk from Elder Oaks. It put into perspective what
we're doing and why we are doing it and why it's so important. I pulled a
lot of the whole thing. One of my favorite parts was where they talked
about how sometimes The best teacher is just the listener. And how the one
that listens has the best opportunity to bring the influence of the
Spirit. That's something that I can work on for sure. I it also made me
think about when we open our mouth and why we open our mouth. I was
sitting in the bahn the other day, thinking about talking to this guy. So
I put a bigger worldly perspective on. I realize that it would be weird
for him to hear about church while he's in the middle of Munich. And I
thought even bigger, why I am supposed to talk to him. Then it made me
think even bigger, why he needs to hear it, even if he doesn't think he
needs to hear it. So those are some of the thoughts it brought to mind.
Anyway, that's kind of
how the week has gone. I hope things are good with all of you. Shoot me an
email, let me know how you're doing. I miss you all! Have a good week.
Elder Sam Hadfield
Lommelstraße 7
81479 München
Deutschland
No comments:
Post a Comment